- We're an Employer of Choice!
- Please include a portfolio & examples of design process
- Pure play digital business with customer 1st values
BetEasy is the most sophisticated and rewarding wagering operator in its class. Built on a powerful partnership with The Stars Group, our strategic vision is clear: to be the fastest growing operator, offering the most exciting and engaging mobile betting experience in Australia. We’re passionate about raising our game to deliver winning moments for our customers backed by excellent people and cutting-edge technology within an innovative and dynamic culture.
Achieving a market-leading digital experience for our customers is integral to our goals and is championed by our UX/UI team. We’re looking for an experienced UI Lead to join us and take ownership of the overall visual expression of BetEasy’s digital experiences, ensuring they are of high standard, consistent and on brand.
Please ensure you include your portfolio details and examples of your design process.
More about the ROLE:
Reporting to the UX Manager, you’ll drive the strategic direction of BetEasy’s digital interfaces to consistently achieve a market-leading experience that is highly relevant to our customers. A key element of this role will be the ability to take ownership of Product feature delivery from multiple product teams and work independently, proactively, multi-task, and meet hard/tight deadlines. This role requires hands-on UI design on key products as well as team and people leadership. Here’s a quick snapshot of the other aspects of the role:
- Drive and manage the design delivery of product features to meet time and budget
- Own, manage and grow the BetEasy design systems to ensure consistent experiences across all digital channels.
- Rollout and oversee adoption of the BetEasy design systems with the design, front-end and delivery teams
- Mentor, lead and provide guidance to a small team of UI designers
- Drive efficiencies for UI processes thereby improving the quality or speed of business throughputs.
- Work alongside the UX Manager and UX Leads to build knowledge within the team and broader business on effective and best practice, evidence-based UI design via thought leadership
You’re a thought leader who loves to share insights and knowledge with others to help them in their own development. A passionate and creative people leader, you know that your success hinges on how well you support your team. Creatively you’re in touch with the latest digital trends and love the idea of disrupting and challenging the norms! Read on to see if you’ve got what it takes to be part of our crew:
- Proven experience in the delivery of native mobile apps (iOS and Android)
- People leadership/team development experience is a must
- Digital Product background with a passion for understanding customer motivations and business processes
- Proven domain knowledge of design frameworks such as Material Design, Human Interface Guidelines and Web Accessibility Guidelines.
- Proven experience in using Sketch, Invision, Principle or similar wireframing and prototyping tools to produce low-fidelity, high-fidelity designs and rapid prototypes
- Proven experience in gathering requirements, facilitating workshops and translating customer needs and business requirements into working solutions (portfolio required)
- Familiar with process methodologies such as Agile Development, Atomic Design and Lean
- A quality-focused mindset is required; familiarity with front-end testing tools and methodologies preferred
- Working knowledge and/interest in racing, sport and wagering preferred
- Experience with transactional/ecommerce applications preferred
- Experience in animation, branding, iconography and illustrations preferred
- A creative mind to solve complex problems
- The ability to work through ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills to bring stakeholders on the journey
In return for your hard work we have a number of benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to 5 weeks’ annual leave, free F45 classes, matched charity donations, the MYKI commuter club and, as the official wagering partner to the AFL, there are heaps of opportunities to catch a game or two!
BetEasy has been recognised for the 3rd year running as an Employer of Choice by the Australian Business Awards. With teams in Darwin, Melbourne and Sydney, we’re passionate about what we do and proud of our unique heritage and entrepreneurial spirit. We work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that push the limits of our customers’ expectations. With brilliant minds and a vibrant culture, the sky’s the limit! Our environment is supportive and friendly, we encourage innovation, collaboration and creative thinking. If you thrive on being challenged and enjoy working in a fast-paced stimulating environment, come and join us on this incredible journey.
Disclaimer: BetEasy does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.